fituser01

Chart Issue: Inconsistent WebViewer vs Argos Client pov

fituser01

Hi everyone,

I just started researching using the various charts  and I am encountering a strange issue where a chart is not displaying properly depending on which Argos product i use.

This is what it looks like in Argos Client:

Argos-Client-POV-issue-3-yr-trend.jpg

And this is what it looks like in WebViewer:

Web-View-Pov-3yrtrend-and-Pie.jpg

Is there a setting I need to be checking to make this consistent?  I am developing in our Test environment Argos version 5.4.1 Build 1986.

thanks

janejarboe

There are 2 things to know here.  You need to be at least version 6.0 to resolve the flat line chart problem.   A lot of work was done to improve charting in the later releases.  You'd be best served to move to the latest release.  To see the changes between releases, review the info at:  https://webhelp.evisions.com/releaseguides/argos/default.htm#Version Matrix.htm%3FTocPath%3D_____17 

The other concern about charts behaving differently - yes, they are different.  I don't remember which version began the options of chart types.  The client "Classic" chart has a lot more capability to control the chart design.  But much of it won't display in the WebViewer.  The solution at this point is to create a Standard Chart which looks about the same in both Client and WebViewer.  Pie charts are still lousy though.  I rarely use them.  The later versions of Argos display this when you first begin to create your chart:

image.png.095862269e05ab188a4bc0b62c833a1d.png

image.png

Edited by janejarboe
  • Like 1

fituser01

I ended up creating a ticket with Evisions support and they responded with the same answer; we need to upgrade to 6.0. I appreciate your response. I've also been told to use 'Standard Chart' for maximum compatibility between webviewer and Client-side version.

Thanks